Welcome to New Song Christian Academy
Children are natural learners
- The curiosity and enthusiasm of a child provides for many teachable moments. These moments, when the child’s interest is peaked, create natural opportunities to foster true understanding.
Children are active learners
- Learning happens through play, interaction, and experimentation, as well as through observation and listening
Children are individual learners
- All children have individual needs and varying abilities. Therefore, they should not be limited to a standardized curriculum based solely on age.
Children are continuous learners
- Learning does not stop when the child is picked up from school. Parents and teachers must work together to create a continuum of learning.
Programs – All of our programs provide:
- Bible stories, related songs, activities and prayers weekly in chapel and extended into the classroom
- Weekly music classes with a dedicated music teacher, fostering the joy of expression through music, movement, dance and the visual arts
- An environment that fosters the development of initiative, self-control, and self-confidence
- Opportunities for children to learn and develop socially through play as they interact responsibly with one another and with adults
- Experiences that allow children to explore, solve problems, and to express feelings
- Activities that aid the development of children’s large and small motor skills
- Teachers who utilize small and large group settings with independent and guided instruction to meet each child’s individual learning needs
- A curriculum rich in literacy, math, science, social studies, physical education, and the arts
3 & 4-YEAR-OLD PROGRAMS
Students who turn 3 by September 30th will be placed in our three-year-old program. Our three-year-olds attend class on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30am-12:30pm We do not provide diapering services at our facility, therefore all students must be able to use the restroom.
Students who turn 4 by September 30th will be placed in our four-year-old program. Our four-year-olds attend class on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 8:30am-1:30pm.
Our Junior Kindergarten classroom offers a full day option for four-year-olds or five-year-olds who do not meet the September 30th age requirement to start Kindergarten in the public schools. Students attend classes Monday through Friday from 8:30am-2:30pm.
For more information or to schedule a tour of our classrooms please contact Jacqueline Anne at (702) 492-1771 or email@example.com
Jacqueline Anne serves as the Academy Director for New Song Christian Academy. She is passionate about early childhood education and is excited to be a part of New Song Christian Academy. She holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in psychology and a Master of Science degree in counseling psychology. Jackie is the mother to three wonderful kids, all currently attending college. Jackie would love to meet you and show you around the academy.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (702)492-1771
Meg Schroeder is excited to be joining New Song Christian Academy this year. Meg grew up in Boca Raton, Florida and she now lives down the street from New Song with her husband and four sons. She has a Bachelor of Arts degree in sociology and a Master of Science degree in mental health counseling. Meg has been a substitute teacher in Florida and at New Song Christian Academy. She has always been an active volunteer in her sons’ schools. In her free time, Meg enjoys reading, writing, hiking, and exercising.
Bessie Demetriou has been with New Song Christian Academy for eight years assisting in every age group. She lives in Anthem with her husband and three teenagers. Bessie has a Bachelor of Science degree in business administration and a Master of Business Administration degree from Drexel University. In her free time, she likes to travel and visit friends and family all over the world. Bessie’s biggest joy is when a former student recognizes her and is excited to see her outside of school.
Birgit has been a teacher with New Song Christian Academy for five years. She has twelve years of teaching experience. She was born and raised in Germany and moved to the USA in 1996. Birgit has a teaching degree from Germany as well as degrees in psychology and early childhood education. She loves being a part of a loving, nurturing school environment and seeing that smile and connection when she helps a child learn something new in the classroom. In her free time Birgit enjoys spending time with her husband, two daughters, and pets. She loves outdoor activities, reading, crafts and crocheting.
Tami has been a teacher’s aide at New Song Christian Academy since 2010. She loves working with children and finds it very rewarding to watch a curious toddler mature into a confident pre-kindergartener. Tami grew up in Southern California and has been a resident in the Anthem community with her husband and daughter since 2003. Tami holds a degree in General Studies from Moorpark College. She enjoys being actively involved in her daughter’s school as a volunteer and is also the team manager for her daughter’s competitive soccer club